Hydraulic Press Jewelry Making with Lexi Erickson: Bear and Cross Link Bracelet plus Pierced Pendant with Copper on Silver Overlay
Discover expert information on a variety of jewelry-making techniques from Lexi Erickson as she shares helpful hydraulic press hints.
You'll love this if:
- You want to make the most out of the hydraulic press you have access to or are thinking about purchasing.
- You are interested in using the hydraulic press to produce multiples instead of sawing the same shape again and again by hand.
Join Lexi Erickson, an experienced jewelry teacher and artist, as she walks you through the process of using a hydraulic press as a fast and easy alternative to the jeweler's saw in this workshop DVD. Discover Lexi's techniques and rules for soldering and learn the secret to buffing and hand finishing techniques so you can achieve a perfect high polish. Plus, expand your jewelry sales when you learn how to utilize the hydraulic press as an easy way to make multiple components from metal sheet. From inspiration all the way through fabrication and finishing techniques, join Lexi for these step-by-step tutorials and start creating outstanding jewelry today!
Order your copy today to:
- Learn how to use a hydraulic press and make multiple copies of a pattern using a pancake die
- Discover Lexi's tips and tricks for successful soldering as you overlay copper onto silver metal sheet.
- Add dimension to your jewelry components with hammers, dapping tools, and metal punches.
- Make your jewelry designs shine when you use a buffing wheel and hand tools to create a high polish.
- And so much more!
About the Expert:
Lexi Erickson is a Contributing Editor for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and Jewelry Making Daily. Lexi has a Master's Degree in Jewelry Design and Fabrication and has also studied with some of the leading teachers from the US and Canada. She has been teaching high school through university level jewelry courses for 30 years, and has been called the “Queen of Soldering” in the Interweave publications, and is a popular Bead Fest teacher. Her favorite quote is “A day without soldering is a day without sunshine.” She lives in Denver, Colorado with her family and a large menagerie of puppies and kitties.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Could have been better
- Lexi is a great instructor, but I thought this provide would have provided a more in-depth illustration of the uses of the hydraulic press. (Posted on 12/13/2015)