How to Solder Ring Bands plus Pick Soldering
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Refine your soldering techniques with Michael David Sturlin in this short video workshop. Whether you are learning how to solder or looking for helpful hints to improve your skills, this short video will give you serious soldering insight! Michael will show you the difference between paillon and pick soldering methods while soldering ring bands. Plus, he will give you tricks to keep your hand steady and to help you develop your pick soldering skills.
Download this video short today to:
- Learn two different techniques to solder a ring band.
- Get all of the tips you need to start utilizing pick soldering.
- Discover a practice exercise that will help steady your hand and advance your pick soldering techniques.
- And more!
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Michael David Sturlin|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- I recommend this video.
- Excellent demonstration with lots of great advice and tips. (Posted on 2/4/2016)
- Good explanation of pick and pallion soldering
- Film work is good so the details can be clearly seen. The explanations and demonstrations are excellent. It's a brief, but concise, lesson. He shows how to cut the pallions, heat them before placement, how to warm the flux first, and how to pick up the pallions without soldering them to the end of your pick. It's great to watch him heat the rings and see what the flux should look like when it is ready for the solder. Lots of views of the solder flowing. He also gives tips about how to position your hands for steady work. All the information you need is there. If you are new, or relatively new to soldering, this mini lesson is a must. (Posted on 3/1/2015)