How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation Digital Download
Join metalsmith Cynthia Eid and hone in your metal working skills so you can craft a beautiful handmade bead using Argentium Silver!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You've worked your way through Cynthia's previous video, How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intro and Soldering, and you want more inspiring instruction!
- You want to learn the best way to create a perfect seam between discs
- You love the look of Argentium Silver and how its shine can last through the years
Highly tarnish-resistant, easy to fuse, and beautiful to the eyes, Argentium Silver will become your new favorite material to work with as you create original designs! Having worked with silver for forty-five years, metalsmith Cynthia Eid shares her jewelry-making tips and tricks so you can advance your own skills. By learning how to apply granules to your pieces, you will be able to craft your jewelry in new and inventive ways. Before you dive into fusing, Cynthia explains which tools are best suited for your needs. Her techniques for annealing, quenching, fusing, and pickling allow you to work with Argentium Silver to its highest potential. You will also learn two different methods for attaching metals that are suited for the jeweler who wants a quick and easy project, and for the metalsmith who wants to take their time and work with the silver. Granulation is an ancient technique, and it is swiftly sweeping back into jewelry trends. Discover this metalworking practice and start designing professional and beautiful pieces of jewelry today!
Download your copy of How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation today to:
- Create an artistic bead using Argentium Silver that is highly tarnish resistant and long-lasting
- Explore different techniques that build upon your granulation and fusing skills
- Learn how to heat and cool, anneal, quench, and harden Argentium Silver
- Uncover dapping and soldering skills so you can better form metals in your future projects
- And so much more!
Watch a preview of How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation now:
About the Expert:
Cynthia Eid is an educator, author, and metalsmith. She has won awards for her designs and has been featured in various publications. Since 1999, she has been working with Argentium Silver and enjoys sharing her passion for this alloy with others. She has a Master of Fine Arts in Metalsmithing and Jewelry Design from Indiana University, as well as a B.S. in Art Education.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||1.2 GB|
- A Waste of Time and Money
- I should have done a little more research on this download before I purchased it. The "tips and tricks" for successful granulation are simply repeats from material available for free on YouTube. She offered nothing new, other than a suggestion to order an expensive item in order to successfully dome a granulated disc. Even though she used the item, she still lost several pieces of granulation in the process. She also had to spend a LOT of time "fiddling" with the disc to form it into the proper shape because she didn't use a doming cube. Do yourself a favor and look up Soham Harrison on YouTube before you spend $19.95 on a download that contains very little in the way of new information. (Posted on 7/9/2016)
- Top Notch Video!
I've purchased all three of Cynthia Eid's videos on making jewelry with argentium.
They are very well done - thorough and informative. Argentium needs to be handled differently than sterling (or copper!), and Cynthia is careful to point out both the differences in handling, and the many benefits, of argentium.
In addition, Cynthia's techniques tips throughout the videos are wonderful. I learned just as much about general metalworking skills as about working with argentium. (Posted on 5/26/2016)
- Full of Tips and Tricks
I've been using Argentium Silver since 2008 and I do wish I'd found Cynthia Eid a long time ago. Now that I have, I'm very appreciative of all the knowledge she has and her willingness to share. I've picked up so many tips - lot's of "ah ha, so THAT'S why that didn't work before" moments.
Cynthia's teaching style is relaxed and easy going; it feels like I've been invited over for a studio play date. She packs Argentium Sterling Silver, Basic Fusing and Granulation full of tips and tricks. The camera work is excellent and I could clearly see and follow the techniques.
This is an exceptional addition to anyone's library. I highly recommend purchasing either the download (which I bought, because I'm not that good at waiting) or the DVD. (Posted on 2/26/2016)