Get More Spun: Spinning to Knit Large Projects with Abby Franquemont
Do you want to make a lot of yarn?
Have you dreamed of spinning your own yarn for a large project such as a sweater, but didn’t know where to start? Does the dream of making thousands of yards of yarn sound like a goal that’s beyond your spinning skills? Join internationally acclaimed handspinning teacher Abby Franquemont as she takes the mystery out of the process for you, shares tips and techniques for staying on track, and gives you the confidence you need to tackle spinning for big projects.
In this spinning video you’ll learn to:
- Estimate the amount of fiber (and time!) you’ll need to reach your goal
- Make the right yarn for your pattern
- Set up your wheel and spinning area for comfort and speed
- Maintain a consistent yarn over the length of a project
Spinning for a project is something spinners at any skill level—even those with just a few weeks’ experience—can achieve. Get started today and you’ll have a handspun project before you know it!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Abby Franquemont, author of the bestselling spinning book Respect The Spindle, has been steeped in the fiber arts since birth. Her videos Respect the Spindle and Drafting: The Long and Short Of It are available from Interweave. She teaches spinning around the world and lives with her family in Ohio.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- A very useful video.
- Just as I bought this video I was starting a large project, a sweater for my husband, spun from three different fleeces. I had already found out the hard way from a previous sweater that the commercial pattern's requirement for yarn was far less than I would need. This video helped me work out fairly simply the amount I would actually require. It was a great help. I am a new spinner (2 years) and found the tips and hints and encouragement very relevant. For example, don't judge the finished article by the first lot of singles you spin! (Posted on 11/6/2015)