Get More Spun: Spinning for Sale Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Turn your hobby into a small business! Selling your yarn is a great way to make your hobby self-supporting or possibly even turn a profit! Maybe you've thought about it, or maybe other people have suggested it to you or asked to buy your handspun yarn. So where should you get started? This video tutorial will show you what equipment do you need (or want), equations to help you figure out how to price your handspun yarn, how you should package it, and more!
In this video you'll learn how to:
- Determine your cost to produce, wholesale price, and retail price for your handspun yarn
- Evaluate your yarn product against the competition, and think through your best marketplace options
- Determine what equipment you need, what equipment you want, and what difference it might make.
Join expert Abby Franquemont as she walks you through the production process, shares tips on pricing, packaging, and will help you find your way through many options available for turning your hobby into a small business.
You will love this video if you:
- Want to spin specifically for sale
- Are thinking about turning your spinning hobby into a business
- Want to be able to figure out what your work is worth from a cash perspective
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Abby Franquemont, author of the bestselling spinning book Respect The Spindle, has been steeped in the fiber arts since birth. Her videos Respect the Spindle and Drafting: The Long and Short Of It are available from Interweave. She teaches spinning around the world and lives with her family in Ohio.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||503 MB|
- Good with a few black marks
- A very interesting, logically built class with lots of good insight. Biggest minus is the very bad sound, it seems the recording of the class was done with a mobile phone from the other side of the room. Takes a lot of concentration and high volume of speakers to understand everything. (Posted on 3/25/2016)
- Great video but missed one BIG point
- We have watched this video several times & have enjoyed Abby's input and the conciseness of her understanding of the topic....she is one of our favorites in the plethora of books and DVDs that we have bought. I would like to point out however that the topic of taxes was never addressed or mentioned, either on the video or on the PDF sheet and this is something that I think really needs to be addressed, especially if one is wanting to do this as a business. Other than this point, I would greatly recommend this to anyone that wants to at least have an understanding of what goes into a skein of yarn from a financial aspect. (Posted on 10/31/2015)
- A Great Check List for Yarn Sellers
Though I have been selling my hand spun yarns for a while now, I wanted to hear what Abby Franquemont had to say about the process of selling hand spun. She takes us step by step through all the considerations in pricing and selling our product.
I would HIGHLY recommend this to newcomers to selling hand spun who by enlarge tend to underprice their products. This video explains the considerations of what went into your product and how to calculate that into your pricing.
To be honest I would not pass up a video or book by this woman. I find her to be one of the most knowledgable and interesting people in the fiber arts business today. She always has insights that i can apply to what I do as she did in this video. Worth watching!!!
(Posted on 10/15/2015)