Gentle Art of Plying DVD
Plying is not an afterthought. It's your gateway into the vast world of yarn design. Informed and skillful plying can make all the difference between "just another yarn" and "just the yarn you want." In this engaging video, master spinner Judith MacKenzie presents not just the basics--how to hold your hands, where to put your kate--but an extensive adventure into the endless possibilities.
- How to make your equipment work for you, from yarn storage devices to pulley choices to optimum tensioning
- Different classes of yarn structure and how they affect the textiles you make from them
- How to best organize your hands (the best tools of all!)
- How to avoid errors--and how to correct them when you need to
- How plying "errors" evolve into fascinating art yarns
- How to use your wheel to customize and enhance commercial yarns
- And several dozen additional intriguing side trips that will spur your creativity and make you a better spinner.
And you'll have fun learning!
- Another excellent video from Judith - it changed my attitude!
- I loved spinning from the first moment I tried it; however, plying was a different story - something that "needed to be done". This video has changed my attitude completely. Judith's melodious voice encourages attention and relaxation. I can now enjoy the process of plying almost as much as spinning the singles and am even venturing into plying more than two strands of yarn at a time! Another excellent video from her that I view over & over and learn something new each time. (Posted on 5/12/2014)
- LOVE THIS VIDEO!
- This is a must have...you will watch this over and over again...this will help you produce beautifully polish yarns =o) (Posted on 9/27/2013)
- Gentle Art of Plying
- Loved, loved this DVD. So informative and very relaxing to watch Judith plying. Her voice is so calm and reassuring. I have watched this over and over again and learn something new every time. (Posted on 8/8/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register