Further Explorations in Chain Making: Double, Two-Way, Two-Way Double, and Three-Way Loop-in-Loop with Ann Cahoon
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to expand your chain making skills.
- You want to move beyond single loop-in-loop chains into more complex weaves.
- You want to create more complicated chains.
Expand your chain-making technique!
Join artist Ann Cahoon and learn how to build off the foundational chain making skills to create more advanced and structured chain forms. Building off her first video workshop, take the chain-making skills you learned and apply them to more sturdy complexly woven chain forms. Begin by learning how to connect your links effectively and evenly for complex woven chains. Then, learn the drawing process which will help increase fluidity within your chain. Then, build on your technique by learning different considerations for building a double, loop in loop, and three-way loop-in-loop chain.
Download your copy of Further Explorations in Chain Making today to:
- Learn the basic weaving techniques to create a double, two-way, two-way double, and three-way loop-in-loop chain.
- Discover how drawing a chain improves the movement of each chain and what this step looks like for each chain.
- Explore important finishing techniques for your chain so you can get the right look every time. .
- Learn different considerations for working with each chain successfully at home.
- And so much more!
Learn the basics of chain making from Ann with her first video workshop Intro to Chain Making: Single Loop-in-Loop.
About the Artist:
After receiving an honors double BFA in Jewelry and Ceramics from the Maine College of Art in 1998, Ann Cahoon continued her training at Boston's North Bennett Street School. She completed their prestigious Jewelry Making and Repair program in 2002. It was this grounding in both the creative and technical sides of the jewelry industry, coupled with her lifelong belief that everyone has the capacity to create, which inspired her to start teaching almost immediately after graduating. Learn all about setting faceted stones from Ann with her two videos Metalsmith Essentials: Introductions to Gemstone Setting and Metalsmith Essentials: How to Set Fancy Shaped Faceted Stones.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Very well described steps to make two-way and three-way chain
- Ann Cahoon is an excellent teacher. If you've ever wanted to know how to make Etruscan/Roman chain this DVD provides and excellent demonstration and explanation. Ann knows her stuff, she provides all her tips and tricks and explains fusing versus soldering your jump rings. She demonstrated sawing open your jump rings versus using a jump ring sawing devise that attaches to your #30 Flex-shaft hand piece. Be sure to watch the single loop in loop DVD too to get loads of basic beginner information. (Posted on 5/18/2016)