Forged Wire Cuff: Make a Handwrought Silver Bracelet with Travis Ogden DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn how to craft a project that will advance your metalsmithing skills.
- You want to learn how to design jewelry with negative space in mind.
- You want to learn basic jewelry making techniques you can apply to future projects.
- You want to learn how to make jewelry with heavy-gauge square wire.
Forge your way to an elegant handwrought cuff bracelet
Learn metalsmithing fundamentals as you craft a stylish wire-wrought bangle bracelet
Join jeweler, business owner, and metalsmith Travis Ogden as he walks you through the steps you need to know to create a beautiful double-twist cuff bracelet from thick-gauge square wire. At the end of this 96-minute video you’ll have all the information you need to craft this stylish bracelet project at home. Packed with other fundamental jewelry considerations, this workshop video will teach you important metalsmithing tips you can take beyond the featured bracelet project and incorporate into your other jewelry projects.
Order your copy of this DVD today to:
- Learn techniques for keeping your wire even and unmarred as you hammer it flat.
- Get soldering and annealing advice for flawless connections and fabrication every time.
- Give your bracelet a mirrored or matte finish with sanding and filing tips and tricks you won’t want to miss.
- Explore construction considerations so you can modify the wave shape, wire gauge, and number of wires for design appeal.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Travis R. Ogden has been an independent jewelry artist for over 40 years, and holds both a BFA and an MFA. His award-winning, superbly crafted, outstanding jewelry is currently represented in three Colorado galleries. He taught metalsmithing at the university level for more than 15 years, and currently teaches at the Denver School of Metal Arts, which he owns along with the Naja Tool and Supply in Denver. Travis is also the featured talent in two other best-selling DVD workshops: Metalsmith Essentials: Intro to the Flex Shaft and Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Jewelry Fold Forming, available for sale in the Jewelry Making Daily Shop.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Great Information and Instruction!
Travis provides first class instruction on how to make these cuffs. The information is clear and straightforward! Everyone should be able to make this design and come up with unique variations to make them your own!
(Posted on 11/8/2015)
- Forged wire cuff
- Good video, well taught (Posted on 10/10/2015)