Join sisters Jennifer and Melissa Van Sant, owners of Going Gnome, to create a whimsical mushroom fairy garden all your forest friends will love! A mushroom makes a perfectly cozy, homey place for gnomes and other little creatures to live; somewhere safe to keep them dry when it rains!
Using simple needle-felting tools, sheep’s wool, and your imagination, you can create a one-of-a-kind three-dimensional, hollow, felted form. When it comes to felting, the possibilities are endless!
Included in this kit:
Mini Mushroom House Kit
from Going Gnome
Every child has little friends and treasures that need a home; well this kit is just the thing! A mushroom makes a cozy place for gnomes and friends to live, somewhere safe to keep them dry when it rains. When you finish it we guarantee you will want to fill it with gnomes!
This kit contains the following materials:
- White batting for mushroom
- Red wool for mushroom top
- Green and brown wool for base
- Grey wool for stone path
- Supplies to make a tiny gnome
- 3 Needle Felting Tool
- 2, 38 gauge felting needles
- Detailed instruction sheet
This Kit makes one Mushroom House approximately 5" tall
Felt It: Make A Mushroom House Video Download
with Jennifer and Melissa Van Sant
When it comes to felting, the possibilities are endless! Join master felters Jennifer and Melissa Vansant as they teach you how to create adorable 3D mushroom houses for all your little friends! This video involves intermediate felting techniques, so previous needle felting experience is strongly recommended!
With this 51-minute video workshop, you will learn :
- The difference between batting and wool roving
- How to make structural felt pieces
- Techniques for shaping and rep-shaping your mushroom cap
- How to attach and secure separate felted pieces together
- Embellishing techniques to personalize your mushroom house