Effectively Buying Gemstones and Identifying Obstacles
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Purchasing gemstones is no easy task for the beginner or seasoned pro. With over 37,000 different varieties of gemstones in the market, it can be daunting to think of what and how to purchase for your needs. Understanding color, size, shape, and hardness issues are all important to purchasing the correct gemstone for your needs.
Join gemologist John Heusler, G.G. for his web seminar that will show you how to make the correct decisions on which types of gems to purchase. Whether you are purchasing for a single project or inventory for an entire year, you will learn how and why certain gems are a must and why others should be avoided. John will also recommend reputable places to purchase gemstones, teach you how to detect issues associated with those purchases, and provide you ample knowledge so you can purchase wisely. Have all the tools you need to be able to jump into a new world of color and beauty with ease.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- What gemstones to purchase and why.
- Tips for finding great suppliers and getting the best prices for gems.
- Important gemstone cutting (lapidary) techniques related to your needs.
- How to spot good quality in faceted and cabochon gemstones.
- Important color theory principles and its uses in selecting gemstones.
- Effective buying strategies for purchasing at gem shows and online.
- And so much more!
About the Instructor:
John F. Heusler, G. G. (GIA) is a gemologist, jewelry designer, and lapidary who has been cutting gems and making jewelry for over 45 years. He is an award-winning designer in both his jewelry design and gem cutting. He owned and operated a fine jewelry store in St. Louis, Missouri for 31 years and is now(?) retired from that store. John has a Facebook page where he shows his newest creations. He teaches classes in jewelry design, lapidary, and carving gemstones. John has traveled to locations all over the world to collect gems. He digs many of his own gemstones which he cuts and sells online, at fine art shows, and at gem and mineral shows. His newest discoveries are Jessite and Kaily Agates which are named after his two daughters Jessica and Kaily. He has written "How To" tutorials and in-depth articles for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist on both gems that were featured in 2014.
Who Should Attend:
- Beginning jewelry designers.
- Metalsmiths and jewelry designers that are interested in breaking into the gemstone business.
- Seasoned jewelry designers who want to broaden their knowledge in gemstone purchasing.
- Anyone interested in utilizing gemstones in their business or hobby.
- Anyone who loves gemstones and wants to learn more!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Did not present much information on "Effectively Buying Gemstones"
I have purchased stones from John at Quartzite and Tucson and they have been of excellent quality, his finished jewelry pieces are also outstanding. He has always been very helpful and pleasant.
The course outline suggested information would be presented on obtaining the best prices for gemstones as well as dealing with vendors. There was very little information on either topic. The presentation was more of an introduction to gemology rather than a discussion of "Effectively Buying Gemstones." In this regard the presentation was weak. (Posted on 6/5/2015)