Metalsmith Essentials: How to Set Fancy Shaped Faceted Stones DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You want to advance your stone setting technique
- You are looking for detailed directions for setting oval, pear, square, and marquise faceted stones
Fancy Stone Setting Revealed!
Set oval, pear, marquise, and square stones efficiently with step-by-step demonstrations
Join jewelry artist Ann Cahoon as she shows you how to set fancy shaped stones efficiently and correctly. Intimidated by square-shaped stones? Begin with easier ovals and then graduate to one-pointed pears, two-pointed marquise cuts, and finally four-pointed squares, building on the techniques and skills you have learned as you go – including the right hand position for each tool you'll need, a foolproof way to measure when creating your bezels, and expert tips for creating both crisp corners and evenly curved shapes. With essential stone setting considerations, this comprehensive DVD walks you through the steps you need to master so you can set stones efficiently, safely, and with confidence.
Order your copy of this vital technique DVD to:
- Discover how to effectively build bezels for four classic faceted stone shapes
- Progress in difficulty and build on the same basic technique as you move from an oval stone through to a four-point square stone.
- Start with all the information you need, from detailed material lists to specific step directions clearly explained for each type of cut.
- Learn finishing considerations in case you slip during setting and need to freshen up your design’s shine.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
After receiving an honors double BFA in Jewelry and Ceramics from the Maine College of Art in 1998, Ann Cahoon continued her training at Boston’s North Bennett Street School. She completed their prestigious Jewelry Making and Repair program in 2002. It was this grounding in both the creative and technical sides of the jewelry industry, coupled with her lifelong belief that everyone has the capacity to create, which inspired her to start teaching almost immediately after graduating.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Great Service
As always, Interweave performs and delivers in a timely manner. And if not, when you call, they are energetically helpful to solve your problem. This has been my experience for 10 years with dealing with Interweave.
Videos are always very informative and simple to follow.
Kathy Metz-Carson (Posted on 10/11/2015)
- This DVD is Worth Every Penny!!!
- This is the best DVD I have ever bought! Ann Cahoon uses non-traditional steps to stone setting, which in my opinion, sets her apart from the crowd. She is very thorough in her instruction as she walks you through "every" step of stone setting. The video shots in the DVD are very close up and are so clear that its better than being in the front seat of a classroom. Ann not only instructs you on how to set a stone she ALSO discusses how to fix something that didn't go quite right. Included with the DVD is a PDF so that you can print out a list of all the tools that you will need to complete your project. This DVD gives confidence to anyone who wants to step up to the next level of jewelry making. (Posted on 5/23/2015)