DIY Bead Diagrams: How to Draw Bead Charts with Microsoft Word
When students use printed patterns and tutorials to learn how to make a design, some of the most important pieces of information they rely on are the diagrams.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
When beaders use printed patterns and tutorials to learn how to make a beaded design, some of the most important pieces of information they rely on are the diagrams. The written instructions are valuable as well, of course, but without diagrams, it is often difficult, if not impossible, to communicate fully how to create a beaded piece. Step by step photos can be used in place of diagrams, however they require some skill with photography and they can sometimes make a tutorial long and cumbersome.
Join Kassie Shaw as she guides you through the creation of making bead charts using a program that most people already have on their computers: Microsoft Word. She will explain the process from start to finish, starting with the basics of creating simple bead images, moving into combining shapes to create custom bead shapes and drawing thread paths, and finally adding text for a cohesive tutorial. Kassie also has a couple of special tricks up her sleeve to share with you so you can spend less time drawing and more time designing and selling your beading tutorials.
What You'll Learn:
- How to draw simple and complex shapes
- How to change colors, shading, and outlines
- How to group, rotate, and scale with precision
- How to make a perfect circle of beads
- How to draw and edit thread paths
- How to put together a finished tutorial
Who Should Attend:
- Beaders and designers who want to learn how to use a Vector Drawing Program
- Beaders and designers who would like to start writing tutorials and patterns
- Beaders and designers who want to upgrade to the graphics industry standard, but are concerned that the learning curve might be too steep
- Beaders and designers who want to draw diagrams faster and more accurately
- Beaders and designers who want to have projects considered by magazines and publishers
About the Instructor:
Kassie Shaw has been beading and designing jewelry since 2004. Since then, she has been published more than a half dozen times, including having a piece (Quilt Cuff) featured on the cover of Beadwork in 2012. She has also taught innumerable classes at bead shops and retreats from New Jersey to Virginia and Tennessee. Kassie’s first book, Beadweaving Beyond the Basics, which explores several right angle weave variations, will be released by F+W Media in the fall of 2015.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Very informative
- I really liked this video. The instructions on how to create bead diagrams was really good. I learned a lot more of the draw functions in Microsoft Word which I usually ignore . Because my internet connection is limited and very slow in my area it would be nice if this was available in dvd format. (Posted on 8/21/2016)