Natural Shibori: Itajime, Creating Geometric Patterns with Earth-Friendly Dyes with Elizabeth McTear Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to discover how to create classic itajime fold patterns: grid, triangle, half-triangle, and circle.
- You want to see how to layer shapes for more precise marks in your designs.
- You’re ready to create your own itajime masterpieces.
Explore the fun and beauty that comes with itajime shibori. You will quickly see that it’s easy to get started, the creative possibilities are endless, the process is meditative, and the results are spectacular—itajime is pretty much a perfect craft! In this video, take advantage of Beth’s step-by-step instructions, helpful hints, and, of course, infectious humor. Whether you choose to use the bold designs for clothing, accessories, wall hangings, or something else, you will absolutely love the striking patterns of itajime.
Order this video to:
- Learn how to prepare a dye vat using eco-friendly dyes.
- Create unique, layered dye patterns.
- Find safety tips for dyeing and for disposing of a finished dye vat.
About the author - Elizabeth McTear is an artist and dyer who works primarily with natural and eco-friendly dyes. While earning her BFA at Moore College of Art and Design, Elizabeth learned about global textile traditions, including Mali tribal designs, Japanese traditions, and Scandinavian design—all points of reference in her work today. She teaches shibori and natural dyeing classes around the United States and runs her textile and dye company, Honest Alchemy, from her home in Pennsylvania.
Watch a preview of this video now:
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Digital Download|