Crushed Metal Cuff with Richard Sweetman
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to create a bold cuff bracelet with freeform curves
- You are looking for a basic jewelry project that utilizes the hydraulic press.
- You want to boost your metal forming skills past basic forging techniques.
Crush it! Create a unique cuff bracelet using the hydraulic press.
Use the hydraulic press to create a one-of-a-kind metal bracelet with expert instruction from Richard Sweetman in this video workshop. Learn how to use the hydraulic press along with urethane donuts to create unique shapes in metal. Uncover limitless design possibilities with this technique unlimited construction and finishing possibilities!
Download your copy of Crushed Metal Cuff with Richard Sweetman today to:
- Go beyond basic metal forging techniques—learn how to form a bracelet using an alternative technique.
- Learn hydraulic press basics you can apply to future projects.
- Discover the possibilities of customization by exploring different construction and finishing options.
- And more!
About the Author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC. He currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver. Visit zephyr-street-studio.com for more information.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Note to self - read reviews FIRST
- I wish I had read the earlier reviews before buying this - wasted my money.... Yes, Rio Grande's video is much better - (Posted on 8/18/2016)
Hesitant playback - I learned more from the free You tube video from Rio Grande for the product you need to make these - wish I had read the reviews first
For help with video downloads, please contact us at email@example.com to speak to our representatives. (Posted on 6/10/2016)
- You need more tools!
- In addition to hydraulic press you need Rio Grande #110286 for $101.85. The title led me to believe all I needed was a hydraulic press. There's no mention of this necessary accessory in the class description. (Posted on 5/23/2016)
- Not worth the charge!
First, I had to watch this in 30 second intervals because it wouldn't download properly. I tried it on multiple devices and computers and with different internet connections and it still wouldn't load or play continuously. Secondly, The title makes it seem as if you can make a crushed metal cuff using only the hydraulic press. There is no mention that you need a urethane donut and two steel rings to make the bracelet and follow the tutorial. During the video there is no mention where you can purchase this "donut" or what size it is, so you can make your own. I emailed Richard Sweetman and asked both of those questions. His reply was simply "Rio Grande #110286" for $102. So much for a $20 tutorial! If you have the needed "donut" and rings, the tutorial still seems like a waste of time. It is very slow and only a few minutes of it actually supply any valuable information. What you need to know is: use 2.5" urethane donut and two narrow steel rings slightly larger than donut. Solder a piece of metal (silver, copper, brass) together to make a bangle that fits around the donut. Dent parts of the metal and it will be more likely to "crush" at those locations. Add steel ring over top and bottom edges, place in press and crush! Remove, cut out section to allow for cuff opening and solder embellishments if desired. Done! And of course use all the normal safety precautions you would typically use. Happy cuff making:)
If you're unhappy with a product please give us a call at 866.949.1646. (Posted on 5/23/2016)