Crochet Your First Hat
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
If you've never crocheted a hat before but would like to start, you'll love this workshop from Mary Beth Temple. Use an innovative yet simple technique to crochet a simple brim and work bottom-up. Finally, shape the crown with simple decreases. Mary Beth will share her secret tip for maintaining a great fit with crocheted ribbing and modifying the pattern to fit your style. Whether you'd like to learn to crochet a basic beanie or a stylish slouch hat, this video tutorial has you covered. Free hat pattern included!
Learn how to:
- Measure accurately for the best fitting hat
- Crochet a simple brim for a beanie or slouch
- Work simple decreases to shape the crown
- Keep your hat fitting great through washing and wearing
- Modify the included pattern for your personal style
About the Host:
Mary Beth Temple is a crochet and knitting designer and instructor based in North Carolina. In addition to teaching around the country, her designs have been featured in many magazines and books, including Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Designs with Traditional Techniques and terweave Crochet. Find out more on her website at HookedForLifePublishing.com.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Mary Beth Temple|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Video instruction and written instructions don't match
I found this video and instructions very confusing....she does things different in the video but the written instructions do not match at all!
She crochets too fast to see what she is doing....I am a beginner and this was a struggle for me. (Posted on 8/18/2015)
- Revised review
This revised review is submitted in light of the recent actions taken by the Interview Store.
I finally did receive a follow up email and the patterns for the brims were supplied as downloads.
As I said in the previous review, the video is easy to follow and demonstrates good technique. For the downloadable patterns, you will need a bit more experience to work these up.
Happy crocheting! (Posted on 4/10/2015)
- cover deceiving and pricey
- The price was a little high for a video and a very basic pattern. The cover should not show all the other nice looking hats when there isn't even a mention of them in either the video or pattern. (Posted on 2/9/2015)