Choosing and Using the Perfect Clasp for Your Beaded Jewelry
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Availability: In stock
Choosing what sort of clasp to use on your beaded jewelry can be very frustrating; it seems sometimes that there are more questions than answers when it comes to choosing and using a clasp. There are practical considerations: will it be comfortable, will it stay closed, can it be opened with one hand or behind the neck, will it break, and, what if it needs to be replaced? There are also aesthetic points to consider: is this clasp in scale with this piece, is it visually "heavy" enough or too heavy, does it flow with the design or fight with it, are the colors pleasing, or would something else really be better? Should I use a manufactured clasp or a beaded clasp? Which one is better? How do I attach different types of clasps? Why isn't my clasp staying under my wrist where it belongs? Why does my toggle clasp look like it's off-center?
Join artist and beading instructor Cynthia Newcomer Daniel for this web seminar dedicated to answering these questions (and many more!) about choosing the right clasp for your beaded jewelry design. Cynthia has used many different types of handmade and manufactured clasps in her own beadwork, and has learned the hard way how to choose a clasp that will best fit the needs of the wearer, look good while it is being worn, and stay on. She will use examples to demonstrate what makes a clasp effective and attractive with various types of beadwork, and will share how she connects different types of clasps (manufactured and handmade) to beadwork. Join her and never second-guess your clasp decisions again!
In this web seminar you will learn:
- Which option suits your design best: when should you use a beaded clasp, and when should you use a manufactured clasp?
- How to pick (or make) a bracelet clasp that stays under your wrist, leaving the focal on top where it belongs.
- What makes a clasp comfortable to wear and what this means for your beaded jewelry designs.
- Tips for picking a clasp that is in scale – visually and physically – with your beadwork.
- Techniques for attaching different types of clasps to beadwork.
- And so much more!
About the instructor:
Cynthia Newcomer Daniel has been beading and making jewelry for nearly 50 years; her grandmothers and her parents were her first teachers. In addition to working with beads, she also enjoys creating with textiles, fibers and precious metals. She loves to experiment, and enjoys adapting techniques from one medium to another. You can see more of her work at: http://JewelryTales.com
Who will benefit from this web seminar:
- Beaders who want to know when to use a manufactured clasp, when to use a beaded clasp, and which type of each to choose for their own projects.
- Beaders who want to choose clasps that lay nicely and stay attached to their beadwork.
- Beaders who want to learn what to consider when choosing a clasp for children, older people, active people, or any other personality type.
- Beaders who want to learn how to choose the best clasp for their beadwork every time.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Cynthia Newcomer Daniel|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|