Card Wool for Color: How to Spin Gradients, Ombres, Fractals, and Self-Striping Yarns with Esther Rodgers Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Color in your control
Spinning yarns with color repeats is a joy-but buying fiber dyed to spin stripes can be expensive. In Card Wool for Color, Esther Rodgers shows you how to make your own striping, ombre, and fractal colorways. From solid-colored top to multicolored yarns, this video leads you step-by-step through the process of spinning the colorful yarn of your dreams.
In nearly 90 minutes of instruction you will learn to:
- Use a drum carder, blending board, and hackle
- Choose and place colors for ombre, gradient, and fractal yarns
- Make batts, rolags, roving, and top
- Ply yarns three ways for sharp color transitions, diffused patterns of color, and gentle color transitions
Choose your very own colorways and bring them to life with a few easyto- master techniques!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Esther Rodgers is a writer, teacher, and fiber artist whose business is known as Jazzturtle. She began her spinning career exploring the world of texture and art spinning and merging it with function. She has taught classes all over the world and makes her home in North Carolina.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Loved it!
- It was lovely to see another person's way of blending and spinning and having the expected results explained so clearly. Esther also demonstrates the difference between ombre and gradient progressions, something which is obvious but not always understood. It isn't a long video but is jam-packed with useful information and so many tips on how to achieve the result one is hoping for - the lack of waffle is much appreciated. (Posted on 9/1/2016)
- Very interesting, inspiring and excellent info
- Content not seen anywhere else. Up to date and inspiring. Good pace with no boring bits (Posted on 8/26/2016)
- Very useful information
- This video is a delight. I bought it because I love working with colour and I love spinning and I wanted to put the two together. I also wanted to see how different types of equipment are used in blending, to help guide me in buying my 'start-up'. Esther's explanations are clear and well-paced, and her demonstrations of all the different ways to diz fibre off a drum carder, a blending board and a hackle are worth the price of the video by itself IMO. Very useful and very helpful; the ideas and techniques are simple (once Esther has explained them!) but the possibilities are literally endless. The explanations of how to spin up your beautifully blended fibre are another big plus. Highly recommended. (Posted on 5/30/2016)
- Love coming back and watching whenever I want
- There is a lot of information to learn here. I could have done a lot of trail and error, or just watch this video to see what actually works. I am glad I can come back if I have any questions. I cannot attend Esther's classes at Fiber Fest this year, so this is the next best thing. Esther has a calm way about her that is easy to listen to. I would recommend this video, and I will be watching her other videos. (Posted on 2/14/2016)
- I thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot from this download. Highly recommend spinners, especially new spinners add this to their list (Posted on 1/23/2016)
- Excellent DVD
I really enjoyed watching this DVD from the beginning to the end. Esther explains in a way that it's easy to understand.
I highly recommend it !!! (Posted on 11/21/2015)