Forge Wire Cages and Other 3D Forms for Jewelry Making: Capture Stone, Glass and Found Objects with Susan Lenart Kazmer DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to create dramatic wire jewelry that incorporates fiber and found objects.
- You want to add movement to your jewelry with connections fashioned from wire.
- You want to unlock the potential of wire for creating bezels, cages, bails, and more.
Set Your Wire Jewelry Designs Free: Add Found Objects, Movement and More
Free your inner design spirit with whimsical tips for working with wire
Join innovative artist and metalsmith Susan Lenart Kazmer for Forge Wire Cages and other 3D Forms for Jewelry Making, a workshop video that dives into demonstrations of Susan's famed wirework. Susan brings her interest in how jewelry is made to the forefront with this video workshop that shares all of her signature wireworking techniques: hammering heavy- and small-gauge wire, shaping, drilling, patination, polishing, and more. Explore how versatile a simple wire with balled ends can be as you use it for support, decoration, and more. With Susan's unique techniques you'll learn how to fabricate striking wire cages designed to hold stones or encapsulate small found objects, all with cold connections and soldering.
Order your copy of this workshop video today to:
- Learn important safety tips including cutting your wire, soldering, and forming without wrecking your hands.
- Build cages, settings, links, and more with wire.
- Uncover important considerations for working with silver and bronze.
- Achieve motion in your designs with links and hinges.
- Add beautiful and colorful embellishments using sari silk, leather, and other fibers.
- And so much more!
About the Artist
Susan Lenart Kazmer is an artist and jeweler of more than 26 years. Her work has been on exhibit in museums nationally and internationally. Although Susan is known as a master of metalwork, her new book, Resin Alchemy, combines metalwork with resin. Susan is the designer of a successful commercial line called Industrial Chic, composed of jewelry and mixed media components. Visit susanlenartkazmer.com. Discover Susan's three other workshop videos: Explorations in Jewelry Enameling: Torch and Kiln Techniques, Further Explorations in Jewelry Enameling: Kiln Fired Liquid Enamel and Sgraffito,15+ Ways to Alter Metal Surfaces: Cold Enameling, Resin, Powders, Pastels & More, and Exploring Resin Jewely-Making.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Susan Lenart Kazmer|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Wire Cages
- Loved this DVD for the ideas it inspired. The jewelry was my style and Susan gave detailed explanations for what she was doing and why. Will refer to this DVD again. (Posted on 2/7/2016)
- Forge wire cage
- I always love her tutorials and the originality, she made it possible. (Posted on 10/10/2015)