This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Stitch up this bracelet and build your stringing and flat peyote stitching skills. Explore the inspired design with patterning details that are beautiful and intriguing.Finished Size: 8½"
- opaque burnt sienna size 15° seed beads
- semimatte opaque rusty brown size 11° cylinder beads
- semimatte galvanized champagne size 11° cylinder beads
- opaque turquoise AB size 10° cylinder beads
- smoky topaz luster 3mm firepolished rounds
- opaque gold 4mm fire-polished rounds
- turquoise 6mm pressed-glass rounds
- red creek jasper 20mm coin
- gold 12mm toggle clasp
- gold-filled 2mm crimp tubes
- gold-plated 3mm crimp covers
- gold-plated wireguards
- Smoke 6 lb braided beading thread
- 24" of .019 beading wire
Technique: flat peyote stitch, stringing
Originally Published: Quick & Easy Beadwork, 2014
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Project Download|
- Lovely But Doesn't Work
Made this bracelet because the photo was very compelling and I liked the Southwest Motif. Very disappointed when finished to find that it simply doesn't work as a bracelet. It wont "circle" the wrist because the tubes are too long and rigid to bend. Even if you add beads to the end to make it longer, it just won't form a circle--more of an oval if anything and of course that makes the focal bead fall somewhere on the side of the wrist. VERY VERY disappointed as it took a while to complete. I managed to salvage my work by making it into a necklace, placing beads between the tubes so they could form somewhat of a circle. The design is lovely, but someone should actually TRY ON the finished product before publishing. Make the tubes if you like, but have another purpose in mind--not the bracelet.
(Posted on 4/18/2015)