Building Your Jewelry Customer Base & Keeping Them Happy
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
If you sell your handmade jewelry, then chances are you've realized that promoting your business and gaining new customers is absolutely essential to your success. But promoting and advertising to customers can make all of us feel really uncomfortable sometimes. This web seminar will show you how to build your customer base naturally by finding the right customers for your designs and building loyal followers who want you to share content with them. Once you narrow down the types of customers you'll be reaching out to, you'll be able to create meaningful relationships with them and keep them coming back to buy more.
Join Taya Koschnick as she teaches you ways to tackle the topics of defining your target market and creating your customer profiles. Tanya will show you how to edit your jewelry collection and branding to appeal most to your customers and show you examples of different types of branding to match different customer profiles. From stellar customer service practices, to using your social networks most effectively, Taya combines all of the tips and tricks she's learned from 8 years as a full-time jewelry artist.
In this web seminar you'll learn:
- Tips for making sure your designs and branding fit your ideal customers.
- Techniques for finding new customers and choosing the best way to communicate with them.
- How to determine which social media platforms are best for you and your jewelry business.
- Ways to keep your customers interested with relevant and meaningful content.
- Techniques for keeping your customers coming back for more with exclusive offers and fresh designs.
- Ways to build brand loyalty, and get your customers to spread the word for you
- And much more!
About the Instructor:
Taya Koschnick is the owner/designer of Tasi Designs and Stowaway Jewelry. Taya grew up making jewelry with her mother: an accomplished jeweler/silversmith who opened a bead shop in 1987. Taya has been a full-time jeweler since 2008. Her work is sold in over 30 stores nationwide and has been featured in major motion pictures, television shows, and print publications.
Who Should Attend:
- Jewelry designers who want to grow their customer base
- Jewelers and beaders who are thinking about starting a jewelry business
- Jewelry designers who want tips on researching and identifying target customers
- Jewelers who want tips on stellar customer service
- Jewelers who hate the idea of self- promotion but know they should be doing it
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|