Building an Art Business from the Ground Up - Quilting, Fiber Art, Mixed Media, and more
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join artists and entrepreneurs Lynn Krawczyk and Cheryl Sleboda to learn the fundamentals of setting up an art-related business. Both artists debuted new products at the Fall 2014 Quilt Market in Houston to rave reviews, and have been barraged with requests to share their secrets for success ever since. This is your opportunity to learn from them. If you've ever dreamed of turning your hobby into a business, this webinar will get you started on your way to realizing that achievement!
What you'll learn:
- From Hobby to Business - How to decide when it's time to turn your art into a business and choosing which format is right for you (sole owner, LLC, Corporation).
- Selling Online vs. In Person - How to decide which suits you best and the pros and cons of each.
- Branding + Marketing - Why you need a brand, what it is and easy ways to market your business without breaking the bank.
- Choosing the Revenue Stream that is Right for You - How working on multiple projects keeps your balance sheet happy.
- Customer Experience - People will always remember how you make them feel before anything else. Learn how to keep your customers coming back time and time again!
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking to turn their crafting hobby into a business.
- Anyone interested in learning more about marketing their craft business.
- Store owners, online independent retailers and designers.
- Artists looking to get more from their craft.
Lynn Krawczyk is a surface design artist residing in Plymouth, Michigan. Her work focuses on the various ways paint can be applied to fabric to create expressions of personal vision. She has written numerous articles for Quilting Arts Magazineand Cloth Paper Scissors magazine; has appeared on "Quilting Arts TV" and has two Quilting ArtsWorkshop™ videos. She has a new book is Intentional Printing and her new fabric line, "Inked" with Red Rooster Fabrics, debuts in March 2015. Learn more on her website,smudgedtextilesstudio.com.
Cheryl Sleboda works in the comic book industry by day and is a fiber artist by night. She is fascinated by the intersection of technology and textiles; juxtaposing heirloom techniques in modern quilts is part of her design aesthetic. Her quilts are all pieced, appliqued, and quilted by machine, but recent work has incorporated many traditional heirloom fabric manipulation techniques. She is also known for her work that incorporates LEDs, microprocessors, and other electronic components to make her fiber art and quilts light up. Cheryl is a frequent contributor to Quilting Arts Magazine, has appeared on several episodes of "Quilting Arts TV," and has recently released a Quilting Arts Workshop™ video, "Heirloom Sewing Techniques for Today's Quilter." Learn more about Cheryl at muppin.com.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Lynn Krawczyk and Cheryl Sleboda|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|