Kitchen Table Metalsmithing: Beginner Brazing for Copper Jewelry Making: A Soldering Alternative with Kim St. Jean
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn about brazing, a soldering alternative.
- You want to explore techniques for making beautiful jewelry out of copper.
- You want to learn a unique stone setting method using copper wire.
Create a free-form pendant as you master the technique of brazing
Join artist, instructor, and acclaimed jewelry designer Kim St. Jean for her video workshop Beginner Brazing for Copper Jewelry Making. Explore how to make a free-form pendant with copper wire using the brazing bond method. An effective and easy alternative to soldering, brazing uses a torch to melt brazing material between two pieces of metal to create a strong seam without flux, solder, or metal preparation! See every step you need to know to create this unique pendant from crafting a bail to flattening your metal, and more! Use the techniques to inspire your future projects!
Making the brazing technique even more approachable, Kim shows how to create the entire project using a Sterno professional culinary torch! Discover the steps you need to use this small but mighty micro torch including wielding it correctly to create your own stunning copper jewelry. With Kim's accessible teaching method and wealth of knowledge, you'll be creating stylish jewelry in no time!
Order your copy of this workshop video today to:
- Explore brazing, see how to effectively create this join, and discover this bonding method for copper jewelry.
- Discover how to use any torch with Kim's guidance including how to hold it, start it, and manipulate the flame safely.
- Learn about the heat zones of your torch for successful brazing and for wielding control over whatever you're firing.
- See how to pickle and patina to add a varied and unique look to your final project.
- Plus, learn how to make two types of bails with Kim's expert direction.
- And more!
About the Artist:
Kim St. Jean is an award-winning instructor, author and jewelry designer whose work has been featured in several magazines, books and television shows. She teaches regularly at three art schools and at workshops and events around the country. Kim has authored two books: Mixed Metal Mania and Metal Magic. She owns Studio St. Jean in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with her husband, Norm. Visit kimstjean.com.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Kim St. Jean|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|