Beadweaving Beyond the Basics
Create your own modern jewelry wardrobe!
Get ready to take an inspirational approach to weaving beaded jewelry with Beadweaving Beyond the Basics. Use a combination of traditional and innovative stitches, such as double diamond and faux right angle weave, herringbone, peyote and St. Petersburg, to add new dimension to your jewelry pieces. Take advantage of a variety of bead shapes such as seed beads, two-hole beads, bicone crystals, bugle beads and lentils, to get the shapes and effects you want, then try them in multiple colorways to create head-turning looks that will complete any outfit. The possibilities are endless!
Kassie Shaw encourages you to experiment with color and shape in her 24 gorgeous projects. The included primers on her right angle weave variations will let you get started right away, and the tips for left-handed beaders will allow everyone to try these designs with ease.
Soon, you'll be creating statement pieces with Beadweaving Beyond the Basics!
|Number Of Pages||144|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- I have an extensive book collection on all types of beading and this is one of my new favorites. I especially love her color combinations and sparkle. (Posted on 10/18/2016)
- Note to Lefties
Lovely designs, large clear photos.
My only disappointment is in myself for assuming that a left-handed designer would gear her book to the left-handed population. Oh well... you know what happens when you assume. Granted, there are 3 tips for lefties - turn the pattern upside down - go through anchor beads to the left and stitch in a counterclockwise direction - hold your work so that you are always stitching up and to the left - which are natural reflexes for left handed people anyway!
Again it's a lovely book, with large clear photos for right-handed people (and lefties to convert). Guess the old girl here is starting to get cranky in her old age and was just hoping that for once, the ole brain could truly enjoy step-by-step instructions without having to double think and make conversions.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't assume! (Posted on 7/2/2016)
- I bought this book a few weeks ago even though I'm not a fan of RAW. I much prefer peyote and herringbone. But there are just to many wonderful patterns in it! From casual to more dressy styles, there is something for everyone. I look forward to stretching my skills with several of these beautiful patterns. (Posted on 11/4/2015)
- Wonderful instructions for RAW and variations; diagrams, photos; excellent book!
- I enjoyed the book from the minute I opened its pages to view the beautiful, colorful jewelry; information about different types of beads, tools, etc. The diagrams instructing beadweavers on the RAW technique as well as the new variations of RAW are excellent; easy to see and understand. I thoroughly enjoyed all the photos of jewelry; the ease of reading the how-to instructions, as well as the designs created by Ms. Inman. A wonderful book; a must-have for all beadweavers! (Posted on 10/22/2015)
- Excellent instructions, diagrams, photos!
- For someone not familiar with RAW, I found the illustrations and diagrams to be very easy to understand and enjoyed looking at the different methods used in RAW. Photos were excellent; the designs are fresh and beautiful. It's a wonderful book teaching right-angle weave and new variations; a must-have for the dedicated beadweaver! (Posted on 10/22/2015)
- Great book for teaching the bead design process
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It includes 24 beading designs and each design has beautiful photos and clear instructions. But it is so much more than just a book full of patterns.
In her introduction, Kassie states that her goal in writing the book was not only to teach readers how to create the designs, but also to inspire everyone to discover their own creativity and ideas. She certainly accomplished this goal with me. I can hardly wait to finish up my current projects and begin exploring with the ideas that came to mind as I read each chapter of her book.
Kassie writes that the main purpose of the book is to teach some intermediate level variations on basic stitches, and then use them as jumping off points for readers to create their own designs. Her purpose is very clear in all three chapters of the book as she takes us from a "primer" that explains the basic bead weaving stitch through her thought process that led her to create the next design. Beaders who want to create their own designs will find this book a very practical and inspiring tool to help them become designers of their own original work.
The primary beading stitch Kassie teaches is Right Angle Weave (RAW), but instructions on other basic stitches such as Herringbone (Flat and Tubular), Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW), Peyote (Even and Odd Count), and St. Petersburg Stitch are also included.
The three main chapters explore variations of Right Angle Weave (RAW): 1) Double Diamond RAW, 2) Faux RAW, and 3) Layered RAW. The way Kassie explains each technique and explores the possibility of new designs using these techniques inspired me as a designer and I highly recommend this book to others.
(Posted on 10/10/2015)
- Elegant and Achievable
- This book is filled with projects that are elegant and achievable; if you've ever struggled with learning RAW, or wanted to do more with it, this book is for you. I don't think I've ever seen so many different ways to use RAW - and variations of RAW - in one book. I'm impressed! (Posted on 10/8/2015)
- Fantastic book!!!!!
- I fell in love with the necklace on the front of this book - and I am SO happy I took the plunge and bought it! The designs are absolutely stunning with clear instructions, pictures and thread paths. This book is well worth every penny. Also love that she uses beads that are easily available to find. (Posted on 9/21/2015)
- Super book
- Great book, detailed instructions. Photos & instructions excellent. (Posted on 9/7/2015)