Beaded Cords Chains Straps and Fringe
- Purse straps
- Quilt trims
- Scarf edgings
- Bag fringes
- And more!
|Number Of Pages||32|
- 32 Beaded Cords Chains Straps & Fringe
- I was surprised to see the other review that had 1-star, so it spurred me to write my first review here. I thought this book was WELL WORTH the $9.95 price. I just started making (and selling some) jewelry this year, but had not done ANY peyote stitching yet when I bought this book. If you're in the same boat, watch out! It's addictive! I wanted to make EVERYTHING in this book. The pictures are BEAUTIFUL, but I'd agree that this is not a book for stone-cold beginners. So I signed up for a Beginners Peyote Stitch class, which was $25 at my local bead shop (can I mention the BeadHive in Minneapolis?). I learned several stitches there, and picked up a wealth of tips and tricks at the class. After I completed some peyote beaded beads, and a bracelet made with basic, flat, even count peyote stitching (with a simple pattern worked into it), that gave me the confidence to go back to the book and try something more challenging from there. After my Peyote Stitch 101 class, the whole book made more sense to me. I believe that it also helped that I've done sewing, knitting, and crochet, and have had that experience with following patterns. I don't think that it would have been as easy if I wasn't already comfortable with a needle and thread in my hands. So far, I've completed an Easy Embroidered Cord, a peyote stitched toggle clasp (a pattern from a magazine), and a pair of earrings that are based on the Kinky Fringe pattern in the book. I LOVE the earrings. I started with a little bit longer base row, and worked back "up" through it, adding another "branch" after every bead, until I had 7 branches of size 11 Delicas on each earring, with a turquoise chip and a size 6 bead at the end of each branch. I'm very proud of them! I can't wait to try some more ideas from this book! I think that if you have some internet savy, you can learn the same things that I learned in my class from watching a few U-Tube videos, and following along with them (the first row is the hardest!). Just start with some practice stitching - or an easier project - before you tackle something more difficult. If you run into a term in the book that you don't understand, a simple Google search will bring up more detailed tutorials on anything that you could think of! Have fun (no, I am not related to the author). Sheryl (Posted on 11/22/2010)
- This book isn''t worth it. The explanations arnt that very clear. For the most part you have to use your imagination to figure out what you are supposed to do. You would be better off buying the more expensive books. Not only do they have projects but they will have these explanations a whole lot better. You could say I got what I payed for. (Posted on 1/26/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org