Basket Weaving Essentials DVD
Learn how to coil exquisite baskets with award-winning fiber artist Nadine Spier.
Learn how to coil exquisite baskets with award-winning fiber artist Nadine Spier. Beginners and experienced basketmakers will enjoy the clear, concise instruction, abundance of information and excellent HD close-up photography showing details of all the techniques demonstrated.
Some of the exciting things you'll learn in this 2 hour DVD:
- Different plants you can weave
- Starting a basket around a polished stone
- Starting around any object with holes
- Swirling basic stitch - stitches line up on both sides!
- Solid wrap stitch
- Inserting beads between coils (Mariposa stitch)
- How to shape sides
- How to finish your basket
- How to soften stiff pine needles so they're a joy to work with!
- Plus lots, lots more!
Customer Reviews (2)
- Excellent Instruction
- "Basket Weaving Essentials" is very detailed and informative. While I had difficulty in the past with coiling techniques, Nadine de-mystifies the process and provides all the guidance you need to make beautiful baskets. The video is very well-produced, and the instruction is well paced. As a fiber artist, I am always on the lookout for references to keep in my library. This one is a keeper! (Posted on 3/15/2011)
- Very informative video on coiling pine needle baskets
- After watching this video I have now created five beautiful baskets. Everything I needed to know from start to finish was right on this video. I am cinstantly being stopped and asked what I am doing when I take my weaving with me. Nadine is very talented and her instructions are very clear. (Posted on 8/16/2010)
Write Your Own Review