Antique Needles with Loene McIntyre
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Plying her needle and thread . . . Stitch! Stitch! Stitch!
You can't sew cloth without a needle, and a camel can't pass through the eye of one. Needles come in many sizes and shapes, each with a specialized purpose, from tailoring to leatherwork to quilting to sail making to creating fancy millinery. No well-prepared lady in days of yore would be without one, hence Victorian "nanny" brooches and the needle stuck in the hat brim of every indigenous Andean woman. Join as Linda Ligon sits down with Loene McIntyre as she guides you through the fascinating history of this seemingly humble tool.
In this comprehensive video:
- Explore the history of needle manufacture
- Learn about the importance and methods of keeping needles clean and sharp
- Find out more about the needle's most necessary companion: the thimble
- See some of Loene's extensive collection of antique and collectible needles
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:Loene McIntyre is a designer and creative seamstress who took up the collecting of rare and interesting needlework tools two decades ago, and has never looked back. Her collection has graced the pages of PieceWork magazine and has been the focus of a one-woman museum show.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Needle Review
- Loene McIntyre's collection of needle packets (which I collect), needle containers, thimbles, and cases is unsurpassed. Just amazing! I love all of the history surrounding these items - from R.J. Roberts packets, to Millwards, to the Earl of Stanhope, to the beautiful little Avery cases, etc.! This program is so well researched and should be viewed by all serious needle collectors! (Posted on 4/14/2015)