Answers to Questions About Old Jewelry eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Add depth and layers to your base knowledge of jewelry
Did you know Answers to Questions About Old Jewelry has served as the most sought-after and authoritative reference about vintage jewelry for the past three decades? That speaks volumes about the timeless and respected nature of this insightful and inspiring book written by acclaimed jewelry expert C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G.
This eighth edition offers a plethora of historical information about the jewelry, and related social and fashion trends of the period from 1840 through 1950. Accompanying that information is nearly 1,000 high-quality color photographs and vetted values of varying types of jewelry.
Items of note in this edition:
- Easy-to-understand chapters, each addressing between 10 and 20 years of jewelry history and influence.
- Discussion of historic highlights (The Crystal Palace Expedition of 1853-54, The Centennial International Exposition 1874-75, Art Nouveau movement, among others) and their impact on jewelry design and popularity.
- Exploration of popular stones and materials used in jewelry of specific time periods.
- Photographs, descriptions and values for bracelets, brooches and pins, earrings, necklaces and pendants, rings, sets, and watches
- Review of popular categories of jewelry such as Bakelite, costume, ivory, Mexican and modernist.
Plus, this top-selling jewelry reference concludes with informative chapters that help you: Identify the type of metal used in a piece of jewelry, determine the authenticity of a piece, understand a bit more about the jewelry making process, and confirm the maker of a specific piece of jewelry.
About the author: C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G. brings more than 40 years of experience in all aspects of the antique, estate and collectible jewelry business. She is an avid collector and an active wholesaler and retailer. In addition to this book she’s authored several book, magazine articles and appeared in educational videos.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G.|
|Number Of Pages||400|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|