Air Chasing with a Vise with Kim St. Jean
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Are you interested in creating a unique and dimensional shape without using pitch? Join metalsmith Kim St. Jean and learn about air chasing, a form of fold forming that allows you to create custom shapes and forms out of metal sheet. Start with copper sheet and learn how to anneal, fold, and begin chasing! Kim will show you how to produce lively and organic textures. Explore the wonderful world of chasing without the expensive investment-all you need is a vise, hammer, and a few dapping punches. With these expert tips you will be able to skip the pitch and start chasing with air!
Download this video short today to:
- Create exciting, organic shapes that are wonderful building blocks with unlimited possibilities.
- Learn expert tips to effectively anneal different metals.
- Start chasing without the hassle and toxic fumes of pitch.
- And more!
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Kim St. Jean|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- short but good
- great video, wish it was longer (Posted on 9/14/2016)
- Great video
- Kim St. Jean is an excellent motivating instructor. Her explanations are clear and to the point and something very important you get to see the beautiful final product. (Posted on 10/17/2015)
- I love the way Kim explains the process and how to troubleshoot. I have been using these techniques with wonderful results (Posted on 9/19/2015)
- I have done of this from a you tube vid but it was good to get some more finer skills/ techniques for this. (Posted on 7/10/2015)
- Very Informative Video
- Another great video from Kim St. Jean, don't be put off by the short video at all. Kim has taken the time to plan ahead to show you exactly how to perform Air Chasing with a Vise. Valuable instruction and a great tutor! (Posted on 6/30/2015)
- Easy to follow
- Great video Kim. You explained in more detail what I learned on another video by a different artist. I appreciate anyone that takes the time to make the videos. What a wonderful way to add to my personal skills. Many Thanks. (Posted on 5/6/2015)
as usual, kim doesn't disappoint. her technique and on-screen presence is just like you're taking a class in person.
easy to understand, follow and replicate is what makes kim a fantastic teacher and artist.
if you can take a class with her, you won't be sorry. you will get every penny worth in information and guidance! (Posted on 3/2/2015)
- Excellent Video
- Kim is an excellent teacher and I love her videos as well. This video gives needed information on the basics of fold forming, one of my new passions. If it is one of your passions as well, you need this tutorial. Thanks Kim. (Posted on 1/10/2015)
- Fantastic You Don't Want to Miss It!
- Another great teaching tool from Kim St. Jean. I've had the pleasure of Kim's great style of upfront teaching for several years. She never stops amazing me with her concept and her great easy-to-learn processes. I have seen her teach people who have never made a piece of jewelry and they walked out feeling proud. Great video, great work Kim!!! (Posted on 11/22/2014)
- Helpful and easy to use.
- I took a class in air chasing a few months ago and loved it. So this video came in handy as a reference and reminder. My teacher was taught by Kim St. Jean. I have since made many bracelets. The beauty of this technique is that every thing you make is unique. (Posted on 10/21/2014)
- very helpful & informative
- Kim is one of my favorite instructors. She is knowledgeable & inspires you to get up, go to your workbench & make new things! Her videos are never boring & that's definitely a plus. (Posted on 10/14/2014)
- Very helpful and informative
- I thought this video by Kim St. Jean was very concise and to the point, showed all the steps for the air chasing method very well. When I purchase a vise, I plan to try it. Another skill for the metalworker, simple but effective. (Posted on 10/12/2014)