Adventures in Polygon Stitch
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join author, teacher, and beading artist Carol Huber Cypher for her web seminar dedicated to teaching the less well known African bead stitch: Polygon stitch.
Do you remember how exciting it was when you learned your first bead stitch? With Carol's expert guidance you'll fall in love with this beading technique in no time. Carol will share the knowledge, tips, and expert recommendations she has acquired over the past several years with you. Learn this intriguing stitch and share Carol's scope of possibilities. Explore techniques for going beyond a set number of sides to creating an oval rope, pods and organic shapes, creating an undulating rope, stitching baskets and flowers, and so much more based on the Polygon's thread-path.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Learn traditional Polygon Stitch using a dressed armature and Carol's alternative stitching tips.
- Discover the unique structure of the polygon stitch tubular beadwork.
- Learn how to modify the stitch to be three-, four-, and even five-sided!
- Discover how to adjust your stitch size for various results: lacy, solid, stiff, and supple.
- Create graphic designs such as dots, floral shapes, stripes, checkerboard, and crosses.
- Learn how to transition into other stitches.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Beadworkers seeking to round out their repertoire of beading stitches.
- Beadworkers focused on beaded ropes and necklaces.
- Beadworkers wanting to revitalize their creativity.
- Beadworkers looking for a versatile sculptural stitch, capable of range from stiff to supple.
- Beadworkers wanting to produce fine beaded chains using charlotte and Japanese size 15/0.
- Beadworkers wanting to produce gorgeous jewelry with larger sized beads ie 8/0 & 6/0.
- Beadworkers interested in creating out-of-the-ordinary designs.
- Beadworkers who want to stitch tubular ropes with edges.
- Beadworkers eager to explore a new dimension in bead-stitching.
- Beadworkers who sell their beadwork and are looking for quicker and easier stitches.
- Beadworkers who want to approach their beadwork with fresh new perspective
- Beadworkers wishing to capture that sense of adventure in exploring a new stitch.
- Beadworkers who want to feel the accomplishment of learning a new technique.
- Beadworkers looking for new ways to combine, create, and design with their stash.
- Beadworkers curious to know what makes Polygon stitch so different from every other one.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Overall Very Good
I did enjoy the class, but would have preferred some video as some of what she said, didn't quite make sense.
I was suppose to get a free download of the class but when I received the link it didn't work. I did email in about it.
Will I take another online class...not sure at this time. (Posted on 9/29/2014)