Knitting Lithuanian Socks DVD
Just when you think you know everything about traditional sock knitting, another little-known tradition shows up to expand your boundaries. Donna Druchunas looked for information on the knitting of her Lithuanian forebears for years, and finally visited the country to learn what she could. What she learned turned out to be a lot!
In this workshop, you will learn:
The role of Lithuania in Fair Isle knitting
- The evolution of motifs throughout the Baltic states
- The connection of Lithuanian pattern knitting to linen weaving
- And not least, several clever heel shaping techniques
Join Donna as she tells of her odyssey and the sleuthing and speculating that led her to a deep understanding of Lithuanian knitting and its place in contemporary culture. Then challenge yourself to knit any or all of the three exceptional sock patterns she has included on PDFs within this DVD.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Good DVD
- I really enjoyed learning the new heels. I love knitting socks, and it will be fun using the new techniques. (Posted on 12/19/2014)
- Right On
- I am first generation Lithuanian. These patterns and color work are 'right on' the mark. I remember my father and his brother wearing these same socks. It is so nice to see Lithuanian patterns being offered to knitters! (Posted on 6/12/2014)
- The dvd is very good
- The first dvd is talk about the history of Lithuanian, no teaching there. The second dvd is real knitting with good view, logical and I am really amazed there are different ways to knit the heels, I learn three new turning the heels and different techniques to knit socks (Posted on 5/27/2014)
- Great DVD!
- This DVD was great. I learned a lot and the filming of this was also very good. Worth every penny. I wish Donna would do some more DVD's. (Posted on 9/27/2013)