2016 Spinzilla Power Pack
2016 Spinzilla Power Pack
Included in this kit:
- Four video downloads
- Get More Spun: Spinning to Knit Large Projects with Abby Franquemont
- Predrafting for Spinning: How, When & Why with Maggie Casey
- How to Spin Yarn to Knit with Kate Larson
- In Praise of Simple Cloth with Rita Buchanan
Highlights of this kit
- Gain the confidence you need to create incredible handspun yarns with careful consideration for strength, roundness, feel, drape, and consistency.
- Discover how to take control of your fibers while spinning them. Maggie Casey explains how predrafting can make your fiber supply thinner and easier to handle, allowing the fiber to spin smoother and your hands to be more relaxed.
- Take the mystery out of spinning for a large project as Abby Franquemont shares tips and techniques to keep you on track.
Spinzilla is coming, and that means it’s time to get your hands on the 2016 Spinzilla Power Pack! This video download collection is packed with handspun inspiration to motivate you for the annual endurance-spinning event.
In Spinning to Knit Large Projects, Abby Franquemont gets you on the right track. Whether it’s estimating the amount of fiber you need to reach your goal, making the right yarn for your patterns, or maintaining a consistent yarn over the length of a spinning project, Abby is sure to give you plenty of confidence. Then join Maggie Casey in Predrafting for Spinning as she shows how to take control of your fibers while spinning them. She demonstrates techniques to make your fiber supply thinner and easier to handle by taking a length of the fiber and gently start pulling out the fibers. This allows the fiber to spin smoother, letting your hands be more relaxed.
Then move on to How to Spin Yarn to Knit while you expand your spinning skills and spin the yarns of your dreams! Handspinning expert Kate Larson shows you how to create amazing skeins with careful consideration for strength, roundness, feel, drape, and consistency. She also guides you through the process of choosing fiber, yarn design, and finishing your handspun yarns.
Finish off the Spinzilla Power Pack with In Praise of Simple Cloth! Watch as Rita Buchanan shares her discoveries from exploring the possibilities of a fiber, matching yarns for a project, spinning and weaving rugs, creating fun household fabrics, knitting with handspun, and so much more! You’ll certainly find pure inspiration and plenty of practical tips thanks to Rita.
|Number Of Pages||N/A|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|