12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top DVD
How many ways can you spin handdyed roving?
In 12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top with Jillian Moreno, you’ll learn a dozen ways to play with color and gain more control over your yarn. Looking for a randomly colored skein that lets all the hues play together? Jillian shows you four ways to blend colors within a single braid of fiber. Like the colors just as they are? Find four ways to keep the colors in your yarn just as you bought them. Want to bring more than one colorway together in yarns that using? Learn to choose colorways that will look great together and combine them for yarns greater than the sum of their parts.
In this video you will learn:
- How to preserve the colors you fell in love with
- Ways to combine two or more different braids of fiber
- Techniques for controlling the flow of color in your yarn
- How to spin gradients, fractals, and self-striping yarns
Make the most of your stash of handpainted top—and choose new braids with confidence!
Watch a preview now:
About the Host:
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears in Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book. Her previous video 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts is available from Interweave.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Well presented and clear.
- I bought this video because I am considering buying a drum carder, and I am very glad that I did. I found the presenter knows her subject very well; she was well organized, very clear in her presentation, and easy to listen to. I will be referring to this DVD often when preparing my own batts. I would be happy to purchase DVDs from this presenter again. (Posted on 10/11/2016)
- Useful information
- As others have said, a good, succinct presentation of different ways to spin multipcolored braids. You could probably think of most of them yourself--but the details and the final yarns and (for most) knit samples are interesting--and discussion how to combine multiple different braids was enlightening. At 44 minutes, this is short. I'm happy I bought it and even happier that I bought it on sale. (Posted on 8/5/2016)
- This is a very succinct presentation, and all the better for that. The fractal approach was particularly interesting to me. I do wish that the sample fabrics had been larger to get a better idea of how the different approaches striped, and also that other textile techniques had been sampled. (Posted on 1/27/2016)
- Good video
This is a good video showing ways to prepare and spin hanpainted tops with knitted swatches to show the different effects.
(Posted on 12/26/2015)
- Educational and concise!
- I enjoyed this video and got a lot out of it. We all are tempted by lovely handpainted top braids and probably have them in our stash. Jillian takes us step by step through an analysis of color compatibility and different treatments of each combination to achieve a final product which makes the most of their qualities. She chooses, prepares, spins, plies and knits and always shows you the top, the yarn and the final swatch so you can decide the approach you want to take. I watched it through twice to really absorb what she is saying as some of the differences are subtle. Now I am not hesitant to take a stab at those braids I have collected! (Posted on 12/20/2015)
- very informative
- everything explained very clearly dvd answered many questions . would recommend buying. (Posted on 12/7/2015)