12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts DVD
12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts: Managing Color and Texture
with Jillian Moreno
DVD | 65 minutes
Are you batty for batts? Have you fallen in love with gorgeous batts--beautifully blended, charmingly striped or layered, or totally wild? But how do you spin your very delightful to make the most of the color possibilities and make the yarn you want? In her new video, Jillian Moreno presents more than a dozen ways to spin all types of batts.
Batts are irresistible; almost every spinner has a few in their stash. But batts can be mysterious. How do you know what's inside that rolled up jewel of fiber and how to spin it? In this video we will dig deeply into batts. Learn how to spin batts for silky smooth or wildly textured yarn. Explore the different ways to spin multicolored batts, keeping the colors distinct, creating a pattern, or mixing the colors together. The first secret to spinning batts is knowing what type of batt you have and what type of yarn you want, and you'll learn that and much more in 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts.
This video begins with an overview of the different kinds of batt and what yarns you can spin from them. You'll also learn how to control color flow in a batt, spin with or against a batt's inclination, and how to control texture to spin for lofty, smooth, or wild yarn.
You will love this video if you:
- Want to learn how to spin batts in different ways
- Are interested in learning to control color in a batt
- Want to learn how to control texture in a batt
In this video you will learn how to:
- Identify different kinds of batts
- How to prepare a batt to spin the yarn you have in mind
- Control color flow in a bat
- Control texture in a batt to spin for lofty, smooth, or wild yarn.
Techniques demonstrated in this video:
- Preparing a batt to spin
- Keeping colors distinct when spinning batts
- Blending colors in a batt
- Spinning textured and challenging batts
- Core spinning batts
About the Artist:
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears ion Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book. Keep track of all of her crafty and other pursuits atwww.jillianmoreno.com!
Order your copy of 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts: Managing Color and Texture Today!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Well presented and clear.
- I bought this DVD when I was deciding if I wanted to buy a drum carder, and I am glad I did. The presenter really knew her material and I found her to be well organized, clear, and very easy to listen to. I will return to this DVD often when I make my own batts and spin them. I would be very happy to buy more DVDs from this presenter. (Posted on 10/12/2016)
- Intimidated by Batts No More!
- I have to admit, even though I've spun several batts, they kind of intimidate me. I never know if what I'm doing is going to give me a good result or not. But after watching this video, I feel much more confident and eager to tackle them. Different kinds of batts were covered, along with different techniques for spinning each of them. Several I had never tried before so I definitely learned a lot. I was also glad to see finished yarn and swatches were included so you could see what effects you can create. Definitely a great teaching DVD! (Posted on 9/7/2015)