Free Beading Project: Knotted Freshwater Pearl and Lucite Bead Necklace
Among the treasures I brought back with me from the Tucson gem and mineral shows were these gorgeous vintage Lucite beads from The Beadin' Path. I love the colors and textures of the vintage Lucite beads, and the deep, rich red and gold swirls of these made them irresistible to me! When I received my order of some of the new large holed freshwater pearls, I knew right away that they would look fabulous paired with the Lucite beauties, knotted on a length of buttery leather cord.
- (12) Vintage Lucite round beads, approx. 20mm
- (14) Large holed freshwater pearls, approx. 10mm
- 5 feet leather cord, tan or camel, 2mm
- Button with large shank for closure
- Glue (optional)
- Scissors for cutting leather (don't use your embroidery scissors!)
- Beading awl
- Large hole freshwater Pearls: A Grain of Sand
- Vintage Lucite beads: Beadin' Path
- 2mm leather cord: Fire Mountain Gems
If you make this free beading project, take a picture of your creation and post it in the Reader Photo Gallery for us to see!