Favorite Beading Supplies
Do you have favorite beading materials? Those beads and findings you turn to again and again? In the Summer 2011 issue of Jewelry Stringing, I listed my must-have materials. Take a look! (Items are listed from top to bottom.)
* Wood rounds. Wood beads have become one of my staples. They seem to find a way into my more organic designs.
* Matte fool’s gold metal-plated size 8° seed beads. These make great spacers in designs with brass beads and findings.
* Sterling silver 3mm rounds. These little beads make great spacers and, when used in the same project as 3mm crimp covers, make the covers blend in even more.
* Swarovski Elements’s silk and mint alabaster crystals. It’s hard to pick my favorite crystal colors, but I think these two take the cake.
* Pressed-glass bellflowers. I love to add floral dangles to my designs, so I’ve got these in many colors and sizes.
What are your go-to beading supplies? Please share!